Are you having trouble fitting in to your old pair of leggings? Pregnancy is a time of changes and new beginnings. And what you need are the best leggings for pregnancy to help you get through it. Here, we’re highlighting the best legging according to quality and value!
- The Importance of Using Pregnancy Leggings
- How Many Pregnancy Leggings to Buy
- Choosing the Best Leggings for Pregnancy
- The 10 Best Leggings for Pregnant Women
- Mothers Essentials Maternity Pregnant Women Leggings
- Uniform Cotton Over-the-Belly Maternity Leggings for Pregnant Women | Maternity Pants for Pregnancy
- 1, 2, and 3 Pack Gift Set – Stretch Maternity Leggings Seamless Solid Color Nursing Clothes Tights
- RUMOR HAS IT Maternity Over The Belly Capri Crop Support Leggings
- Foucome Women’s Under The Belly Super Soft Support Maternity Leggings
- Maternity Tights Activewear Leggings Gym Clothes Jeggings Pants Super Stretch Nursing Clothes
- Touch Me Maternity Leggings Black Navy Grey Soft Solid Stretch Seamless Tights One Size Fits All Active Wear Yoga Gym Clothes
- HDE Women’s Maternity Yoga Pants Pregnancy Stretch Fold Over Lounge Leggings
- Motherhood Maternity Women’s Maternity Full Length Secret Fit Belly Leggings
- Harcadian High Waist Adjustable Stretchy Maternity Legging Pants for Expecting Moms
The Importance of Using Pregnancy Leggings
While there’s nothing wrong with your regular pair of leggings, you really need to consider getting leggings that are uniquely made for women who are carrying. This is because the support and comfort will make a huge difference in making your pregnancy as stress-free as possible.
For example, regular leggings don’t come with belly or back support. Without that, you’ll probably be moving around with plenty of discomfort around your waste, back, and belly. Take note that this sudden change in body weight will cause several other pains around your body, so you should do what you can to relieve as much of this as possible.
How Many Pregnancy Leggings to Buy
While there’s no fixed number we can swear by, we do suggest using the following guide below:
- 2-3 leggings for casual wear
- 2 leggings for exercise
- 3 leggings for home use
- 2 leggings for outdoor use or special occasions
But the great thing is that many leggings are great for casual wear, exercise, or home use. That’s right, you don’t actually need that many leggings to live a normal life. In fact, some women can get by owning as little as two or three. There’s no magic number, and you should just go with what suits your situation best.
What’s important to remember is that you at least have several leggings in your pregnancy wardrobe. They provide much better coverage on your skin, supports problem areas really well, and can have a flattering effect on your body because of its slim fit.
Choosing the Best Leggings for Pregnancy
There are several things you need to consider when choosing the right pair of maternal leggings. You don’t just choose the first one you see. You’ll need to think about whether you’re looking for one for everyday use, active wear, or for casual attires. So, read on to find out how you can identify the best one for you:
Indoor or Outdoor Use
Think first about whether you’ll be wearing the leggings mostly at home, or if you’d like something for going out. This is also important because you may not want something too thin for going out, especially during the Winter season. We advise getting one thin pregnancy leggings and another thicker one that you comfortably wear outdoors.
Fortunately, most maternal leggings are stretchable. You’ll find plenty of one-size-fits-all varieties that will suit you no matter what your body size. However, if you’d like to play it on the safe side, you can also choose leggings that come in fixed sizes for different body types.
Maternal leggings can come in black, gray, or even in different vibrant colors. This usually depends on the brand that offers the leggings. Just take note that the common colors are black and gray, since these are generally considered safe and can match with most outfits.
Also, there are some pregnancy leggings that can be worn over or under your belly. You can just go with whichever you’re most comfortable with. Leggings that are worn over the belly, however, can provide more support that also helps to relieve a lot of the back pain from sudden weight gain.
You don’t want a pair of leggings that hug too tight on your body or have an awkward fit. The number one thing you should be thinking of while pregnant is really comfort and ease of movement. So, when checking out different leggings, try to find out how comfortable they are based on verified customer reviews.
Active or Casual Wear
Not all maternal leggings are created equal. If you have an active lifestyle or need leggings for long walks, we suggest looking for one with moisture-wicking properties. This means sweat doesn’t stick to the cloth and the leggings dry out quickly. For casual attires, you’ll do fine choosing something made from mostly cotton as this provides plenty of comfort.
Pregnancy comes with many body pains, this is something any mother will tell you. So, it really pays to be prepared. The good news is that most maternal leggings already come with belly and back support. You may not really need it during your first trimester, but right around the second or third, you’ll start to notice a few aches. And this tends to increase the larger your baby bump becomes.
Protecting your back and spine is crucial for both you and the baby. While massages, exercise, and proper sleeping positions can help dramatically, there’s no denying that getting good leggings with support can help make the whole ordeal that much easier.
The 10 Best Leggings for Pregnant Women
Now that you know a lot about choosing maternity leggings, your next step is to choose the right one for you from among the most popular items today. And contrary to what others may think, the best isn’t necessarily the most expensive. In fact, you can get great value from your money with an affordable pair. So, here are ten of the best leggings for pregnancy that are sure to give you great value for your money:
Mothers Essentials Maternity Pregnant Women Leggings
- 92% polymide/8% elastane
- Moisture-wicking properties
- Great for back support
- Good fit around your maternity belly
- Ideal for everyday use
As the name suggests, this pregnancy legging is an essential to have in your wardrobe. Because it’s made from 92% polymide, it doesn’t retain water. This makes it great for activities that make you sweat it out. Also, it has a good fit on your body and is comfortable enough to wear even at home or going out. The leggings supports your baby bump too, and helps you maintain good posture all day long.
Uniform Cotton Over-the-Belly Maternity Leggings for Pregnant Women | Maternity Pants for Pregnancy
- Quality maternity pants made from cotton and spandex
- Good for running errands or at-home use
- Includes adjustable built-in maternity belt for support
One wonderful quality of this product is its comfortability. In fact, it’s so amazing as a belly support and legging that customers are always tempted to purchase more. One aspect of this maternity legging is also its elastic fabric. This helps you stay mobile, ideal for active moms who are still working or doing chores around the house. The sporty look of this product is really what makes it stand out as the best leggings for pregnancy.
1, 2, and 3 Pack Gift Set – Stretch Maternity Leggings Seamless Solid Color Nursing Clothes Tights
- Made from 92% Nylon and 8% Spandex
- Comfortable enough for daily wear
- Ultra-soft and seamless for maximum comfort during pregnancy
- High-density knit for good coverage
Gift yourself or a friend of yours with a pack of comfortable maternity leggings that you can wear for any occasion. This product is incredibly soft, gives you good support around your belly and back area, and stretches well enough for you to move around freely. The price you’re paying is definitely worth it, since you’re getting as many as three leggings!
RUMOR HAS IT Maternity Over The Belly Capri Crop Support Leggings
- Ideal layering piece
- Belly panel comes with elastic band that grows with your baby bump
- Comfortable cotton fabric ideal for everyday wear
- Belly panel doesn’t pinch or poke
- Strong cloth fibers for maximum strength and durability
- Over-the-belly design for support
The slim-fitting design and stretchable fabric lets you look and feel amazing no matter what you’re doing. This is a great choice for moms who may still spend a lot of time outside of the house working or just going from one place to another. You can wear a lovely dress over it or just use it as a layering.
Foucome Women’s Under The Belly Super Soft Support Maternity Leggings
- 95% cotton and 5% eslastane
- Waistband prevents the fabric from rolling down when bending over
- V-shape low rise cut to prevent too much pressure in front area
- Provides back support to prevent pains and improve posture
The unique design of Foucome’s maternity leggings is what sets is apart from the rest. Of course, there are some advantages to getting the conventional design of leggings, but we suggest adding a V-Cut pair as well just so you have more options. The fantastic thing about V-Cut maternity leggings is that they don’t add as much pressure on your belly area.
Maternity Tights Activewear Leggings Gym Clothes Jeggings Pants Super Stretch Nursing Clothes
- 92% Nylon and 8% Spandex
- Ultra-soft and seamless
- Embraces your ever-changing body
- High-density knit for good coverage and comfort
The best thing about this pair of leggings is that you can also just wear it as a layering piece like other pregnancy leggings. Wear a pair of jeans over them and you won’t feel too bulky because of its seamless fabric. It’s also comfortable for at-home use, especially if you’re just after its effective belly and back support. Take note that the product can be worn as low-rise leggings depending on the size of your baby bump and body type.
- Soft and seamless and hugs your body comfortably
- 92% Spandex and 8% Nylon
- Stretchable enough for light exercises such as yoga and hiking
One advantage that you are sure to enjoy using this product is its great feel on your skin. It’s very comfortable, even when you use it as a first layer underneath your jeans. Also, you won’t have too much of a problem with the sizing because this product is one-size-fits-all. There are some comments that warn you they may be too small for some women, but most buyers were incredibly happy with the fit of the product.
HDE Women’s Maternity Yoga Pants Pregnancy Stretch Fold Over Lounge Leggings
- 95% Cotton and 5% Spandex
- Athletic fit features a fold-over waist
- Can be worn over or under the belly
What you get when you buy these leggings is great value for its price. In fact, you’ll be hard pressed to find yoga pants/pregnancy leggings made from quality fabric and doesn’t cost more than $20! Also, they’re ultra-comfortable because they’re seamless and made mostly from cotton. From casual to light workouts, you won’t regret getting this maternity legging from HDE.
Motherhood Maternity Women’s Maternity Full Length Secret Fit Belly Leggings
- Made from 48% Cotton, 48% Polyester, and 4% Spandex
- Great as a layering piece during pregnancy.
- Can be worn while lounging around the house or for casual wear
- Features a special secret-fit belly
Motherhood Maternity offers pregnant women yet another nice pregnancy legging that’s great for both lounging and going out. Some even take it to the next level and use this product as pajamas, pantyhose, and even for exercising. That’s because it’s made from almost half cotton and half polyester, so it can be very versatile depending on your clothing needs.
Harcadian High Waist Adjustable Stretchy Maternity Legging Pants for Expecting Moms
- Made from soft and breathable materials
- Stretchable elastic waistband
- Adjustable inner band that grows as your baby grows
- Ideal to wear as skinny legging pants
This stretchable product from Harcadian is considered one of the best leggings for pregnancy because it’s soft and thin enough to be worn all year round, regardless of the season. Also, it comes in one size that fits almost any body type so you aren’t likely to send this back if you’re not satisfied. It’s another product that will keep you coming back for more, especially after trying out one pair.
Getting the best legging for pregnancy days can be tricky, but it helps to know what the popular choices are. They’re a must-have for belly support, keeping your back straight, and looking good!