During pregnancy, the priority is not just to nourish your health, but the well-being of your baby as well. You have to be careful with what you eat or drink. With this, if you are thinking of which tea to drink, read on and I will share with you some of the top picks that are worth considering.
Take note, however, that not all teas will be great for pregnancy. Some have a high level of caffeine, which can put your health at risk. There are also teas that contain ingredients exposed to pesticides, so you should avoid them.
Ready to get started? Keep on reading and be an educated buyer! Do not risk your pregnancy by choosing the wrong tea to drink!
- Best Ingredients to Look for in a Pregnancy Tea
- Choosing the Best Pregnancy Tea
- Our Top Picks for the Best Tea for Pregnancy
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Pregnancy Tea
- Yogi Woman’s Mother to Be Pregnancy Tea
- Secrets of Tea No To Morning Sickness Tea
- Birds & Bees Teas Peaceful Pregnancy Tea
- Pink Stork Tea Morning Sickness Relief Pregnancy Tea
- Buddha Teas Organic Red Clover Tea
- Earth Mama Organic Morning Wellness Tea Bags
- Herb Lore Organic Pregnancy Tea
- Birth Song Botanicals Lady in Waiting Tea
- Teatox Life Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Wrap Up
Best Ingredients to Look for in a Pregnancy Tea
Before we proceed to the discussion of the specific products that you might want to buy, here are the most important ingredients that you should be looking for:
- Red Raspberry Leaf: While raspberry leaf is a common ingredient, red raspberry leaf is a better option. During the first trimester, this is effective in the prevention of miscarriage and morning sickness.
- Nettle Leaf: This is a nourishing herb that provides the nutrients needed by you and your baby during pregnancy. It reduces water retention, which will prevent the legs from being swollen. However, during the first trimester of your pregnancy, it is best to avoid nettle tea.
- Peppermint: This is excellent for people who often suffer from an upset stomach as a side effect of pregnancy. Peppermint is also preferred by many people because of its refreshing flavor and smell.
- Ginger Root: As a calming agent, ginger will also be great for providing relief from morning sickness. It also manages glucose levels, reduces inflammation, improves the absorption of nutrients, and strengthens immunity.
- Dandelion: This is another ingredient that will work well for pregnant women, especially during the last trimester of pregnancy. This works in addressing fluid retention. It is also high in potassium.
- Chamomile: If you are having a hard time sleeping, this is a tea that will work perfectly as it can induce sleepiness. It is also a good source of magnesium and calcium, which makes it great for bone strength.
Choosing the Best Pregnancy Tea
With too many options that are available, here are some of the most important things that you have to consider, increasing the likelihood that you will make the right choice:
- Ingredients: The most important is perhaps the ingredient that is used. Go back to the list above and make sure that at least one of these ingredients is present in the tea that you will buy. Conduct a research as well to know which ones you should avoid.
- Organic: You need to be meticulous about what you consume during pregnancy. See to it that it is certified organic. It must have been made using ingredients that were grown without using pesticides and chemicals that can harm your health.
- Flavor: A lot of women are quite sensitive during their pregnancy. You might easily throw up if the smell or flavor of your tea is not desirable. With this, choose a flavor that will suit your palate. Preferably, it should be something that is mild.
- Packaging: It will also be good if the tea comes in an eco-friendly packaging. It should not contain bleach or any other component that can put your health at risk. It should not only be good for you but good for the environment as well.
Our Top Picks for the Best Tea for Pregnancy
Allow me to make your search for the best tea to drink during pregnancy easier. Keep an eye on the ten teas that will be briefly mentioned below.
Traditional Medicinals Organic Pregnancy Tea
Created by herbalists, this is made of supportive herbs that can promote a healthy pregnancy. This is good not only for you but for the baby as well. It improves the tone of the uterus and will make you ready for labor.
Raspberry and nettle leaves are two of the main ingredients that you can find in this tea. Raspberry is known for being high in calcium and magnesium, which is instrumental in the preparation of the uterus. Nettle leaves, on the other hand, has calcium, iron, and magnesium, which is also good for the uterus.
The ingredients that are used in this tea, specifically the raspberry, are sourced from Bosnia and Herzegovina. The leaves used are still young, which makes it possible to take advantage of the healing magic of the herbs.
In terms of taste, this is a mildly sweet tea with hints of peppermint.
Yogi Woman’s Mother to Be Pregnancy Tea
This is another tea that contains raspberry leaf, an ingredient that has been around for centuries and proven to be effective for pregnant women. Aside from raspberry, it also contains fennel, peppermint, and spearmint, which will add exceptional flavor to the tea.
Another thing that makes this great is the fact that it is caffeine-free. Even if you drink several cups of this tea throughout the day, there is no need to worry about the negative effects of caffeine, such as palpitation and difficulty of sleeping.
It should also be noted that the company is highly-selective with the ingredients that they are using. They have stringent quality control, providing you with the confidence that the end product is nothing short of exceptional. The company has also expressed their commitment to producing a product that minimizes negative impacts to the environment.=
Secrets of Tea No To Morning Sickness Tea
With all of the hormonal changes that you have to go through during pregnancy, morning sickness is one of the most annoying. To combat such a problem, this tea can offer a promising solution. It has a special formulation that is effective not only for morning sickness relief, but also for constipation, nausea, cramps, and other discomforts that you can possibly experience during pregnancy.
This tea contains ingredients that are all natural. There are no preservatives and caffeine. It is safe not only for the mom-to-be but also for the baby in the womb.
Despite being good for the health, this is a delicious tea. This is unlike others with a taste that is too strong for most. You can choose from four flavors – organic peppermint, organic ginger, organic vanilla, and organic fruits.
Birds & Bees Teas Peaceful Pregnancy Tea
If you are looking for natural nourishment during pregnancy, this tea should be part of your daily routine. It has trace minerals and essential nutrients that will be good for you and the baby. It provides prenatal support in a cup.
The main ingredients that are used in this tea include raspberry leaf, alfalfa leaf, nettle leaf, orange peel, Hawthorne berry, rose petals, and rosehips. All of these ingredients are sourced naturally, providing you with the confidence that safety is never compromised. The combination of these ingredients will help you to stay calm and peaceful even if pregnancy itself is a stressful stage in a woman’s life.
Lastly, if you are unhappy with this product within 30 days, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will issue an unconditional refund. This should be more than enough to provide you with an assurance that your money won’t go to waste.
Pink Stork Tea Morning Sickness Relief Pregnancy Tea
More than just providing relief from morning sickness, this tea is also effective in combatting constipation, cramps, nausea, and other problems that are experienced during pregnancy. It provides multi-symptom relief. The manufacturer also claims that it is effective in relaxing the intestinal tract.
The main ingredients that are used in the tea are ginger and black tea leaves, both of which are organic. There is no need to worry about toxic chemicals and pesticides, among others that can put your health at risk, as well as that of your baby’s.
It is also good for the environment. Each tea is individually packed in biodegradable pyramid sachet.
Buddha Teas Organic Red Clover Tea
Made from organic red clover, this is another tea that is highly-recommended during pregnancy. This ingredient is known for having a rich content of zinc, potassium, chromium, and manganese. It is also a potent source of niacin, thiamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and antioxidants.
To make it pregnancy-safe, the tea does not contain caffeine. There are also no preservatives and additives. The tea is made of ingredients that are naturally-sourced in Albania. It is also free of gluten and GMO.
Another thing that makes this tea impressive is the fact that it is not only good for you, but it is good for the environment as well. This is because the tea bags do not contain dioxin and bleach.
Earth Mama Organic Morning Wellness Tea Bags
This is a pregnancy-safe tea that is formulated specifically for the purpose of treating morning sickness and nausea. It is formulated by a herbalist and nurse, which can provide you with the confidence of its effectiveness.
To have peace of mind, it has seals and certifications that can guarantee its superior quality. It is non-GMO and certified-Kosher. It is also the winner of the 2017 Taste of Life Women’s Essentials Award, which is a proof that it is actually better compared to most of its competitors.
Some of the main ingredients that you can find in this tea include lemon balm, ginger root, and chamomile. It also has orange peel and citrus for a more flavorful tea.
Herb Lore Organic Pregnancy Tea
This may not be as popular as the other teas that have been mentioned above, but it is equally effective in providing relief from pregnancy symptoms, which include morning sickness. It is also known for being able to prepare the uterus when giving birth, making labor a lot easier. The one that is responsible for this is the red raspberry leaf, which works by making the uterus stronger.
Aside from red raspberry leaf, the main components of this tea for pregnancy are peppermint and chamomile. They are known for the improvement of digestion and providing relief from nausea. Nettle and alfalfa, on the other hand, it prevents constipation during pregnancy.
Similar to the products that have been mentioned above, this herbal tea is also organic. There are no fillers, additives, gluten, and GMO, among other ingredients that could be a health risk.
Birth Song Botanicals Lady in Waiting Tea
Another affordable option for a pregnancy tea, this is packaged in a tin can and contains 24 servings in one pack, making it offer the best value for the money.
The main ingredient of the tea is organic raspberry, which has a good reputation when it comes to its effectiveness. It has a nourishing ingredient that soothes a number of pregnancy discomforts, including nausea and cramps. For the best outcomes, make sure to drink one to three cups in a day.
Aside from raspberry, other ingredients in this tea include nettle, lemongrass, rosehips, and peppermint.
Teatox Life Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
If there is one thing that makes this different from the options that have been mentioned above, it would be the fact that it is in a loose-leaf form. This gives you more control on how much to use per serving, depending on the strength that is desired.
This is not just a pregnancy tea. This also works for fertility. If you have long been wanting to be pregnant but luck still has not sided with you, drinking this tea can help. It has vitex, which is the one that is responsible for enhancing fertility
In sum, drinking herbal tea during pregnancy can deliver a wide array of benefits, but only if you choose the right one. Do not make things hard for you. Limit your search to the teas that have been mentioned above. If you want to be sure, consult with a medical professional to see which one is right for you.
Happy tea time!