Hitting the beach with a baby bump? There is no need to hide your belly! Show it off with the best swimsuit for pregnancy. Do not be stuck with a boring swimwear. Explore the options that are available based on your body type. Whether you want to be conservative or fashion-forward, there is a style that you can pull off!
See also:no posts found
Having a hard time choosing the swimsuit to wear? Overwhelmed with the abundance of the options that are available? Keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll let you know some of the top options that are worth taking into account. We’ll also give you some tips on how you can choose which one will suit you.
- Our Top Picks for the Best Swimsuit for Pregnancy
- Momo Maternity UPF 50+ One-Piece Swimsuit
- Prego Maternity Women’s Dot Twist Tankini
- Oceanlily Ruched Front Women’s Swimsuit Tankini Top
- Halter Maternity Tankini Floral Pregnancy Swimsuit
- ADOME Women Swimwear Two-Piece Swimsuit
- Prego Women’s Baby Doll Halter Maternity Swimsuit
- Memory Baby Women’s Two-Piece Swimsuit
- Motherhood Multi-Stripe Tie Detail Maternity Tankini
- Zando Women Floral Tankini
- Nonwe Women’s Plus-Size Swimsuit
- Types of Swimsuits for Pregnancy
- Essential Considerations when Choosing the Best Swimsuit for Pregnancy
- Maternity Swimsuit for Every Body Type
Our Top Picks for the Best Swimsuit for Pregnancy
To get started, here are some of the swimsuits that you should include on your list, as well as some of the things that make them notable.
Momo Maternity UPF 50+ One-Piece Swimsuit
Coverage and support are two of the best things that will make you choose this swimsuit over others. The swimsuit comes with a sewn-in bra cup, as well as adjustable shoulder straps that will make it easy to have it customized based on the support that you need for your breasts. It also has a high neckline to provide coverage for your breasts.
In terms of the material used, it is made of 82% nylon and 18% spandex. On the other hand, the lining is 100% polyamide. More so, it is made of a soft and stretchy fabric that is even made better by the fact that it has UPF 50+, providing the skin with the protection from the harsh heat of the sun.
Prego Maternity Women’s Dot Twist Tankini
This is actually a two-piece swimsuit, but because of its design, it looks like a one-piece when it is worn. Known as a tankini, it is made of 80% nylon and 20% spandex. It has soft sewn-in cups for your breasts to feel comfortable when it is worn.
For a customized fit, it comes with adjustable straps on the side, making it easy to tighten or loosen the top depending on the size of your baby bump. The roll-waist bottom is also a good thing in terms of promoting your highest level of comfort.
Oceanlily Ruched Front Women’s Swimsuit Tankini Top
Before anything else, take note that this is a top only. With its design and color, however, it won’t be hard to find a bottom that it will match with. The top is made of 82% nylon and 18% spandex. It can also resist chlorine.
The top comes with a soft cup bra, which will provide the support that your breasts will need. The mesh lining is also a good feature, which allows the top to retain its shape even after several uses. The shoulder straps are also adjustable.
Halter Maternity Tankini Floral Pregnancy Swimsuit
The floral pattern of this tankini makes it attractive. It is made of 82% nylon and 18% spandex. The lining, on the other hand, is made of 95% polyester and 5% spandex. There is a pull-on closure that makes it easy to customize the fit as your bump grows bigger.
It also comes with a plunge shape, which gives a sexier look and directs attention to the chests and not to your belly. There is a built-in soft padding to support the breasts when swimming.
Aside from the floral halter tankini tank top, it also comes with a plain-colored triangular bottom.
ADOME Women Swimwear Two-Piece Swimsuit
This free-flowing tankini is another option that should not be missed in your search for the best swimsuit for pregnancy. It is designed to hide your baby bump, specifically during the second trimester of your pregnancy.
The flyaway overlay is one of the best features of the swimsuit. It flatters the wearer since it does not put much emphasis on the belly. It also comes with a padded bra for your comfort. It is made of a flowy material that will be effective in emphasizing your curves while hiding the bump.
Prego Women’s Baby Doll Halter Maternity Swimsuit
This is a swimsuit that is made for conservative women who would not want to show off much of their skin. It comes with a halter top and over-belly bottoms that will provide you with the right coverage.
The swimsuit is made of 80% nylon and 20% lycra. It has breast cups and center loops to make it more comfortable when worn.
Memory Baby Women’s Two-Piece Swimsuit
If you want to strut a playful and beautiful swimsuit, this is another option that is worth considering. It is made of 82% polyamide and 18% elastane. It has a pineapple print pattern that is sure to captivate attention.
To be versatile, it comes with spaghetti straps that you can remove when you want to show off your shoulders. The padded push-up cup, on the other hand, will give your breasts fuller shape while also providing the highest level of comfort.
Motherhood Multi-Stripe Tie Detail Maternity Tankini
Made of a combination of nylon and spandex, this is another stylish swimsuit that you can wear when you are pregnant. It has a halter top that will provide the support that your breast needs without exposing too much.
It has a bottom with the same design, which does not cover the belly. The top, on the other hand, is long enough for the belly to be not exposed, which will make it look like a one-piece swimsuit.
Zando Women Floral Tankini
This is another tankini that is made of a combination of polyamide and spandex. It is a premium material that is hard to match in terms of softness and breathability. Even during a hot day, you will not complain of discomfort.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a padded bra that is supportive. There is no underwire, which is one thing that contributes to the comfort it can provide. It also has a high elasticity to adjust the fit depending on the stage of the pregnancy you are in.
Nonwe Women’s Plus-Size Swimsuit
This is a swimsuit that is designed specifically for plus-sized women. However, because it is bigger than your average swimsuit, this will also make a great choice during pregnancy. It has a supportive and padded chest while there is a flowy design on the part that covers the belly, which will make the bump not so obvious.
The main material that is used on the top is 80% Polyamide and 18% Elastane. It is made of a breathable and soft material, which will guarantee your highest level of comfort.
Types of Swimsuits for Pregnancy
One of the first things that you need to take into account would be the type or style of the swimsuit that you are more comfortable with or that will be more suitable for your body. That being said, below are some of the options that are available:
- One-Piece: This is a classic choice for most women, especially for those who are conservative in their fashion. It is made of a stretchable material that will provide the support needed by your chest, belly, and back. Compared to the standard one-piece, one that is made for pregnancy has more fabric in front to accommodate the growth of the belly.
- Tankini: This is a two-piece swimsuit that comes with a traditional bikini bottom and a tank-top style top. It provides coverage to the belly just like the one-piece, but the main difference is that the top and the bottom are two separate parts.
- Bikini: For those who are confident about their body, this is a good choice. It comes with a top and a bottom. The belly is left exposed, which is comfortable for most women compared to having it covered.
Essential Considerations when Choosing the Best Swimsuit for Pregnancy
You will most probably be overwhelmed with the abundance of the options that are available. However, this should not be an excuse for you to decide in haste. Here are some of the most important things to consider as you try to differentiate the options:
- Style: This is especially important for those who are fashion-forward. The design or print of the swimsuit is an important factor to consider. Those who are simple can opt for solid colors. Darker colors are better if you want to look smaller. Those who are more playful, on the other hand, can opt for floral or graphic patterns. You can also choose polka dots or nautical prints.
- Material: See to it that the swimsuit is made of the right material. More often than not, it is a combination of two materials. Some of the most common fabrics that are sued include polyester, nylon, elastane, and spandex.
- Comfort: No one wants to be uncomfortable when rocking a swimsuit and enjoying the pool or the beach. With this, make sure that the material is comfortable. The fabric should be breathable and lightweight. The padding of the bra should also be comfortable without being restrictive, which is exactly the reason why many women stay away from underwires.
- Support: The swimsuit should also be supportive, especially the top. This will have a direct impact on your comfort as well. It should support the breasts while making sure that there will be no malfunction.
- Cut: This is important for the bottom of the swimsuit. It should have a special cut on the front, which will make it able to accommodate the belly as it becomes bigger. Some would love to have a low-cut bottom to give the belly more space. Make sure as well that it is made of a stretchable material.
- Adjustments: To provide versatility, it will also be good to find a swimsuit that will offer adjustability, making it possible to grow with your belly. By having the necessary features for adjustment, it will be easy to customize the fit so that you can be comfortable regardless of the stage of the pregnancy you are in.
Maternity Swimsuit for Every Body Type
There is no rule of thumb when it comes to choosing the best pregnancy swimwear. However, one of the most important things is to consider your body type. Based on the latter, you can choose a style that will be flattering. That being said, below are some of the most important tips that you have to keep in mind:
- If you have short legs, it will be best to choose a swimsuit that comes with a higher cut on the leg opening. The cut will draw the eyes upward, which will be effective in making your legs appear longer. It will also show a part of your lower hip, creating an illusion of longer legs.
- For large busts, you may want to choose darker colors that will not emphasize your breasts. A light-colored bottom will also be good, which will make it the focal point and not the top. It will also be good to choose one that comes with a high neckline to avoid drawing attention.
- Meanwhile, if you have a small bust, a V-neck top will be a good choice, but make sure that it has an underwire. This is the one that will help you to create a cleavage. Swimsuits with ruffles and textures along the bust will also be great to make it look larger.
- If you are concerned about hiding your large hips, you should also choose a low-cut leg opening. A solid and dark-colored bottom will also be great as it is going to remove the emphasis from the hips.
With the best swimsuits for pregnancy that have been mentioned above, you can flaunt your body even when you have a baby bump! Whether you are at the beach or swimming pool, you can be confident in showing off your curves and your belly. With the products that have been mentioned above, you will not only be stylish, but you will also be comfortable.