Pregnancy can be challenging, especially when it comes to sleeping. You are most likely going to complain of discomfort, having a trouble hitting the sack. There are many things that can be blamed for this, but one of the most common culprits would be the best pillow for pregnancy. For this reason, you need to choose the right pillow for the needs of your body.
Choosing the right pillow can be a difficult task. You will be overwhelmed by the abundance of the options that are available. This is exactly the reason why our team came up with this guide. We will let you know some of the top products available on the market, as well as the reasons why they are exceptional!
- Our Tops Picks for the Best Pillow for Pregnancy
- Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Comfy Sure Pregnancy Full-Body Pillow
- PharmeDoc Full-Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Meiz U-Shaped Total Body Pillow
- Ang Qi Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Boppy Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
- Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
- Jill & Joey Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
- OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
- Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Pillow
- Types of Pregnancy Pillows
- Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Pillow Pregnancy
- Sleeping Tips for Pregnant Women
Our Tops Picks for the Best Pillow for Pregnancy
Ready to get started? Here are the ten products that should be part of your list, as well as the features that give them an edge over many others.
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
When it comes to pregnancy pillows, this is one option that is hard to match. As a total body pillow, it provides coverage to the entire body to ensure your highest level of comfort. This will take the place of multiple pillows, which will cradle the tummy, neck, back, and hips.
The pillow is filled with poly fiber and has a medium plush density. The filling is hypoallergenic, so there is no need to worry about allergy attacks. The design is exclusive to the manufacturer, which is created in such a way that it will cradle the most important points of the body that can be prone to discomfort during pregnancy.
In terms of care and maintenance, there is no need to exert too much effort to keep the pillow in its best shape even after giving birth. The pillow is not washable, but spot cleaning will be more than enough to get rid of dirt and stains.
This C-shaped pillow has been on the market for over a decade, which is a testament to how it is a trusted choice, making you confident about its overall quality.
Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
This is another full-body pillow that is considered to be a game-changer. Similar to the product that has been mentioned above, one of its best assets is that it can offer support and comfort to the whole body. It is a multi-position pillow that can provide the highest level of comfort. It caresses the natural curves of the body.
In terms of the materials that are used in the pillow, you can also be confident that it will not be a disappointment. One of the things that you will love is that it is also hypoallergenic. The filling, on the other hand, is made of bionic polyethylene. This is soft but supportive. Also, it does not have a foul smell and it retains its shape even through time.
Lastly, for your peace of mind, it is also worth noting that the manufacturer is offering a 90-day money-back guarantee. Within such period, if you are unhappy with the pillow, just let the manufacturer know and they will provide an unconditional refund.
Comfy Sure Pregnancy Full-Body Pillow
If you are looking for a full-body pregnancy pillow, this is another product that you should never ignore. It can provide support to the neck, hips, and back, among other parts of the body. It provides support and relief for a comfortable sleep.
One of its advantages over many other options for the best pillow for pregnancy is that it is completely machine-washable, making it effortless when it comes to care and maintenance. When washing the pillow, make sure to choose a cold and delicate cycle. It also comes with a removable zippered cover, which is also machine-washable.
The pillow is also completely hypoallergenic. It is 100% polyester, making it perfect for people with sensitive skin and allergies. Even when you are breastfeeding, you can be confident that it will be safe for the infant.
PharmeDoc Full-Body Pregnancy Pillow
Sleeping should never be a problem if you use this c-shaped full-body pillow. It is designed in such a way that it can be supportive of the body in multiple sleeping positions. There is no need for a lot of pillows on the bed as this alone will be more than enough.
The adjustable poly-fill material is one feature that sets it apart from the competition. With the latter, you will have complete control on how firm or soft the pillow will be.
This is a pillow that can be useful beyond pregnancy. Even for those who suffer from backpain or those who just want to have a comfortable sleep, this will be a great choice.
The pillow also comes with a zippered cover. The cover is made of 100% jersey knit cotton, which is durable and soft. It is also hypoallergenic, making sure that you won’t end up suffering from an itchy skin or from allergies.
Meiz U-Shaped Total Body Pillow
This is another pillow that can offer a total sleep solution to pregnant women. The pillow is designed in such a way that it can be supportive in multiple sleeping positions, even when you are sitting. It can align the spine to prevent backpain. It can also be used as a nursing pillow.
The pillow is filled with premium polyester. It can be adjustable depending on how plush you would like to pillow to become. It is also a material that does not lead to unpleasant odor and retains its fluffiness even with long-term use. The 100% cotton cover, on the other hand, has double zippers and is completely washable.
Ang Qi Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
This U-shaped maternity pillow can also effectively provide support and relief to all parts of the body during pregnancy, eliminating the need to be surrounded by multiple pillows. The inner cover is made of 100% polyester while the outer cover is 100% knit cotton. The filling, on the other hand, is 100% hollow fiber. This is going to give you a good sleep and you will wake up to a good morning!
Still not convinced to pick this pillow over other options available on the market? One thing that can change your mind is the fact that the manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. There is no risk in buying this product since you have a month to try the product and get the full refund if you are unhappy with its quality.
Boppy Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
One thing that makes this different from the products that have been mentioned above is its shape. It does not provide full-body coverage. Instead, it is a wedge pillow. You can use it in multiple ways, such as under the tummy, behind the back, or as a support to another pillow. It is also one of the most affordable products available, making it a popular choice.
It comes with an inclined shape, which will make you feel comfortable. It is also portable and lightweight, which will make it easy to bring with you. The pillow comes with a jersey slipcover, which is soft, comfortable, and machine-washable.
With the high-density foam that is used as the filling for the pillow, you can be confident that it will be supportive and that it won’t easily shrink. Even if you wash the pillow, you will be able to keep its shape.
Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
This is another promising option for a pregnancy wedge pillow. One of the best assets of the product is the two-sided design, which is great in terms of versatility. It is soft on one side and firm on the other. All that you have to do is to flip the pillow to adjust its density based on what you find to be most comfortable.
The main material that is used in the pillow is memory foam, which is one more thing that makes it impressive. This provides personalized fit and comfort depending on the contour of your belly. Meanwhile, the cover is made of plush and soft Velboa.
Lastly, this is an innovative product because it comes with the airflow ventilation technology. The pillow comes with a perforated layer to manage the temperature and to help keep you cool throughout your sleep. This is unlike other memory foam pillows that can be too hot.
Jill & Joey Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
This is also made of memory foam, which makes it capable of delivering personalized comfort. It provides a comfortable place where your belly can rest when you are sleeping on your side. This will also prevent you from rolling over in your sleep.
With the removable and washable cover, you will find it easy to keep it spotless. The strategic position of the zipper is also a good thing, making sure that it won’t end up poking your belly.
Similar to the wedge pillow that has been mentioned above, one side is soft and one side is firm, providing you with the option to personalize your comfort.
When you purchase this product, it also comes with a free travel bag. The pillow is lightweight enough, making it the perfect travel companion because of its portability.
Lastly, you will also enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee.
OCCObaby Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Regardless of what trimester you are in your pregnancy, this is one pillow that you are sure to love. It also comes with a soft and firm side, making it possible for you to choose the plushness that delivers the best in terms of comfort. It is designed in such a way that it will be effective in the reduction of swelling.
The cover, on the other hand, is plush and smooth. It will never irritate the belly and will not also cause allergies. The cover can also be cleaned easily.
With the airflow ventilation, on the other hand, it will help to keep you cool even during a hot night, minimizing the possibility of sleep disruptions.
Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Pillow
Do I really need to use a pregnancy pillow? This is probably one question that you have. If you are still looking for reasons to invest in the best maternity pillow, these are some of the benefits that you have to know:
- Prevents Body Pain: It is normal for women to experience body pain during pregnancy. Aside from sleeping in the right position, the right pillow will also be a lot of help as it relieves pressure from the key points of the body, such as hip, back, and neck.
- Improves Blood Circulation: With the use of the right pillow, the blood flow can be improved, which will be good for you and the baby.
- Regulates Body Temperature: This will depend on the specific pillow that you will choose. Pick a material that can provide a cooling effect to guarantee a more comfortable sleep.
- Lengthens Sleeping Time: It is common for women who are pregnant to wake up in the middle of the night because they are feeling uncomfortable. This will be less likely to happen when you have the best pillow.
- Prevents Allergy: This is going to be the case if you pick a pillow that is made of hypoallergenic materials for the filling and the cover.
- Useful Even after Giving Birth: Just because it is called a pregnancy pillow, it does not mean that it can be used only during pregnancy. You can use it even after giving birth, especially when breastfeeding.
Types of Pregnancy Pillows
As you try to make a purchase decision, one of the things that should be given careful thought is the type of the maternity pillow to buy, which will include the following:
- Total-Body Pregnancy Pillow: As the name implies, it provides total coverage of the body This pillow can be either C or U-shaped. It hugs the front and the back of the body. The length is usually five to six feet. It will be easy to curl or wrap your body around this pillow.
- Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow: This is a pillow that runs through the length of the whole body, which can be either straight or flexible. It is not as supportive to the back, unlike in the case of a total-body pillow.
- Wedge Pregnancy Pillow: If you are looking for a small and portable pillow, this is sure to make an excellent choice. It is also affordable. For most women, they put the wedge pillow on the side of their belly for support and comfort.
Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Pillow Pregnancy
To become a wise buyer and to not waste your money, make sure to ask these questions before you reach a decision with regards to which one to buy.
Will a regular pillow work?
High-quality regular pillows can also be supportive, but such support may be inadequate during pregnancy. It can easily slide on the bed, especially if you are making a lot of movements during your sleep. Pregnancy pillows, on the other hand, especially total-body pillows, will ensure the proper support to the body regardless of your movements.
What is the filling made of?
There are different materials that are used in the filling of a pillow. Memory foam is common and a good choice because of the personalized fit depending on the shape of the body. It can also be filled with polyester.
What is the cover made of?
Aside from the filling, the material of the cover is also a primary consideration. Cotton is the most popular, which is known for being soft and washable. It should also come with zippers, making sure that they will stay in the pillow regardless of the movements that will be made in your sleep.
Is it hypoallergenic?
If you often suffer from allergies, make sure to choose a pillow that is made using materials that are hypoallergenic.
Is it washable?
It will be good to choose a maternity pillow that is washable. Both the pillow itself and the cover should be washable, making it easy to keep it spotless. See to it that the material will remain fluffy even if it is washed. Also, take note that there are some pillows that are only meant for hand-washing and not machine-washing.
Is it adjustable?
Some of the pillows that have been mentioned above offer adjustments. For instance, you can change the density by adjusting the fillings. Also, you can turn the pillow on one side if you want it soft and on the other side if you want it to be firm.
What is the best size of a pregnancy pillow?
This is one thing that will most likely vary from one person to another. Obviously, if you are petite, you are good with a small pillow. Taller and bigger women, on the other hand, should opt for a larger pillow that can provide the support that their body needs.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
I would recommend that you pick a pillow that will make your purchase risk-free. This is possible if the manufacturer offers a money-back guarantee. This means that within 30 to 90 days, depending on their terms, you can return the pillow if you are unhappy and in turn, they will provide an unconditional refund.
Sleeping Tips for Pregnant Women
It is not enough that you have the best pillow for pregnancy. For a more comfortable sleep that will benefit you and your baby, these are some of the things that you have to keep in mind:
- The right mattress is another investment that you need, which will complement the maternity pillow. The mattress should not be too soft or too firm. It should be made of a material that can keep the body cool for you to stay comfortable during your sleep. It should not make an annoying noise when you are moving.
- Develop a regular exercise routine. It does not make you physically fit and prepare the body for labor, but it also helps to improve circulation. As a result, nighttime cramps and sleep disruptions will be unlikely.
- It may be tempting to have late-night snacks before you finally hit the sack, but this is one thing that you need to avoid. As much as possible, do not drink or eat at least two hours before you intend to sleep. This will reduce the possibility of heartburn or reflux, which is a common reason why many pregnant women wake up in the middle of their sleep.
- Find the right sleeping position. According to pregnancy experts, it would be best to sleep on your side. This will be effective in improving breathing and in reducing the pressure in the uterus. It is also a good way to prevent backpain. The American Pregnancy Association also notes that side sleeping is good because it improves the nutrients and blood flow to the baby.
- Make the room comfortable. Aside from the mattress and the pillow, you need to create an external environment that is conducive. Mood lighting will help, or better yet, turn off the lights completely. Make sure that the temperature is not too hot or too cold. You can even play some music to make the bedroom feel more relaxing.
- Avoid doing anything before you go to sleep, especially if it involves white light, such as looking at your smartphone, TV, or laptop. Even reading books should be avoided. Do not do anything that is physically stimulating as this can give you a hard time sleeping.
- As much as possible, skip the nap. During the first trimester of pregnancy, you will feel sleepy during the daytime. Napping is discouraged because it can make you have a hard time sleeping at night. If you really have to nap, make sure to keep it short and sweet.
In sum, the best pillow for pregnancy is a must-have. Whether it is a full-body or wedge pillow, among other styles, this will have a huge impact on your comfort. This will make sure that you will have a good sleep and when you wake up, you will never have to complain of body pain!