Ah, the joy of having a baby! It is incomparable happiness – being a mom. Nonetheless, as most women will agree with me, it can also be frustrating. At some point, even depressing.
From weight gain to stretch marks, among other problems, the body experiences a number of changes. It is also common for new moms to suffer from loose and sagging skin. In the case of the latter, you will need the best postpartum firming lotion.
With a firming lotion, you can effectively deal with loose skin after pregnancy. It uses innovative ingredients that are capable of improving the elasticity of the skin so that it won’t sag.
Looking for the best postpartum lotion that can solve sagging skin? Keep on reading the rest of this post and learn from some of our recommendations.
- Our Top Picks for the Best Postpartum Firming Lotion
- Aveeno Positively Ageless Firming Body Lotion
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
- AmiLean Advanced Cellulite Firming Lotion
- Nivea Skin Firming Hydrating Body Lotion
- Jergens Skin Firming Toning Body Moisturizer
- Advanced Clinicals Collagen Skin Rescue Lotion
- Juice Beauty Green Apple Firming Body Moisturizer
- Eminence Coconut Firming Body Lotion
- Hempz Age-Defying Herbal Body Moisturizer
- Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion
- Philosophy Grace Firming Body Emulsion
- Tree Hut Firming Body Lotion
- SebaMed Q10 Firming Body Lotion
- Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Body Lotion
- Shea Moisture Mommy and Me Firming Massage Lotion
- How to Achieve Firmer Skin After Pregnancy
- What to Look for in a Postpartum Firming Lotion
Our Top Picks for the Best Postpartum Firming Lotion
Aveeno Positively Ageless Firming Body Lotion
The mere fact that it is made by Aveeno can already provide you a good reason to have it considered over many others. In just two weeks, clinical tests have proven that it can make the skin firmer while also making it moisturized. This can be attributed to the effectiveness of the ingredients that are used, which include shitake mushroom complex and wheat protein.
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
It comes with a unique formula that uses cocoa butter as one of its main ingredients. Aside from moisturizing the skin, the latter has also been proven to be effective in making the skin firmer after weight loss and pregnancy. It also has shea butter, elastin, and collagen, which will work together to restore the appearance and health of the skin after you have given birth.
AmiLean Advanced Cellulite Firming Lotion
This lotion comes with a patented and fast-absorbing formula, providing you with the confidence that it will work in firming the skin following pregnancy. Double-blind research studies have been conducted to prove this claim, which should provide you with peace of mind. To add, even on a hot day, you will feel comfortable with this lotion as it is non-sticky.
Nivea Skin Firming Hydrating Body Lotion
As the manufacturer claims, you will get firmer and toner skin within the first two weeks of its use. Two of the main ingredients that you can find in this lotion are Q10 and shea butter, which are both great in delivering moisturizing benefits to the skin while making it firm at the same time. Many users also loved the lightweight and non-greasy formula, making it comfortable even during a hot day.
Jergens Skin Firming Toning Body Moisturizer
If your skin is prone to cellulite, which is usually the case after pregnancy, this firming lotion will be able to help. It increases the elasticity of the skin to make it tighter. At the same time, it also replenishes the moisture. It hydrates the skin to combat dryness. The lotion has Hydralucence blend plus collagen and elastin, which will work together to make the skin firm.
Advanced Clinicals Collagen Skin Rescue Lotion
With the powerful formula of this lotion, it can fight the visible signs of aging, including sagging skin. In the same way, it can also be effective in restoring the firmness of your skin after pregnancy. Some of the main ingredients that are used in this product include chamomile, green tea, pure collagen, and aloe vera.
Juice Beauty Green Apple Firming Body Moisturizer
If you want firmer skin from head to toe, this is one product that should be on your radar. The effectiveness can be attributed to the natural ingredients that are used, which include jojoba and shea butter. To add, it also uses lemon, grape, and apple juices, which are the ones responsible for its skin brightening capabilities.
Eminence Coconut Firming Body Lotion
To combat firm and loose skin after pregnancy, this organic skincare product can prove to be promising. One of its main ingredients is coconut oil, which is known as one of the best in promoting healthier and hydrated skin. It also comes with shea butter and grape seed oil, which are equally impressive in promoting the best when it comes to skin health.
Hempz Age-Defying Herbal Body Moisturizer
One of the secrets of this body lotion is the use of pure natural hemp seed oil, which does not only make the skin firmer but also fights other visible signs of skin aging. It also has Vitamins A, C, and E, which will protect the skin from the damages that can be caused by free radicals. If your skin is always dry, this is also an effective product for added hydration.
Clarins Extra-Firming Body Lotion
Made by a luxury skincare brand, this firming lotion contains plant extracts that will be effective in lifting, toning, and smoothening the skin. Some of the main ingredients that are incorporated into this lotion include bocoa, centella, and lemon thyme, which are all capable of improving the natural elasticity of the skin.
Philosophy Grace Firming Body Emulsion
While this is best for dry, aged, and wrinkled skin, since it has a firming formula, this makes it on our list of the top postpartum lotions that can solve the problem with sagging skin. It also has antioxidants that can help in improving the health of the skin. Plus, it has subtle fragrances that will soothe and calm you right after every application.
Tree Hut Firming Body Lotion
This is a lotion that is made using 100% natural shea butter, so there is no need to worry about having harsh ingredients that could be tough on the skin. It has no parabens and other toxic components that you should be afraid of. It also contains caffeine, which is basically the ingredient that is responsible for making the skin firmer.
SebaMed Q10 Firming Body Lotion
It is pH-balanced, soap-free, and gluten-free. The manufacturer takes pride over the fact that it has Dermo-Active Botanic Ingredient Complex. It has an innovative formula that allows the skin lipids to be replenished while also improving elasticity. It contains argan oil, shea butter, and barley grain wax, which will work together in toning and firming the skin.
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Body Lotion
One thing that makes this an impressive product is the list of the ingredients that are used, which include organic shea butter, coconut oil, and hibiscus, which will firm the skin. To add, it also contains songyi mushroom, a unique ingredient that is responsible for making the skin tone visibly brighter.
Shea Moisture Mommy and Me Firming Massage Lotion
From the same maker of the lotion that has been mentioned above, it hydrates, protects, and improves the elasticity of the skin. It is specifically formulated for pre and post-natal massage, which can help in preventing common skin care problems that are associated with pregnancy, including sagging.
How to Achieve Firmer Skin After Pregnancy
While using a postpartum firming lotion can extend a helping hand, this is not the only solution. Keep in mind the tips that are listed below:
- Drink more water. Aside from making the skin hydrated, it can also improve the elasticity.
- Find the time to exercise, which is key to keeping a healthier and fitter body. Consult with your doctor for the green light. Avoid routines that are too heavy for someone who has just given birth.
- Eat foods rich in protein, which will be instrumental in building muscles.
- Exfoliate the skin. Getting rid of the dead skin cells can help improve blood circulation and will also improve the firmness of the skin.
- If money is not an issue, elective surgery can also prove to be an excellent option. Tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty can help to tighten the skin.
What to Look for in a Postpartum Firming Lotion
When evaluating the options that are available on the market, it is important to consider the ingredients that are used. Below are some of the best to look for:
- Retinol: Known as one of the best skin care products, it can help in improving the thickness of the skin and boosting the production of collagen, which will both help in making the skin firmer.
- Niacinamide: It allows the skin to regenerate healthier cells, which is vital in dealing with sagging skin following a pregnancy.
- Lactic Acid: Aside from skin lightening and exfoliation, this ingredient is also known for making the skin thicker while locking in moisture.
- Peptides: There are different peptides that can help in making the skin firmer. They are also common in anti-aging products because they help smoothen skin and prevent wrinkles.
- Vitamin E: We all know that this vitamin is one of the best for the skin, which is why it is another powerful ingredient that can bring back your skin’s health and appearance after giving birth.
In sum, sagging or loose skin is a common problem after pregnancy. For most women, this can make them feel ugly and lose confidence. Fortunately, the postpartum lotions mentioned above can extend a helping hand. They can be effective in restoring the elasticity of the skin!