Doctors often recommend keeping your self-care routine as simple and natural as possible. That’s because the benefits of going organic are so numerous that it pays to make the switch. Here, you can find the best organic product for pregnancy that can help you achieve better health and a more youthful glow!
- The Benefits of Choosing Organic
- Personal Care Ingredients to Avoid When Pregnant
- Popular Natural Ingredientsf
- Considerations When Choosing Organic Products for Pregnancy
- The 10 Best Organic Products for Pregnancy
- Rosehip Seed Oil by Kate Blanc. USDA Certified Organic, 100% Pure
- Molivera Organics Raw African Organic Grade A Ivory Shea Butter for Natural Skin Care, Hair Care
- ALKAITIS Organic Herbal Toner
- Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
- Stretch Mark Butter & Itch Soothing Butter – Best Natural & Organic Ingredients
- The Honest Company Prenatal DHA Vitamin, 60 Count
- The Honest Company Prenatal Once Daily, 30 Count
- Organic Shea Butter By Sky Organics: Unrefined, Pure, Raw Ivory Shea Butter
- Eminence Organics Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer, 2 Ounce
- Facial Wash, Organic and 100% Natural Face Cleanser
The Benefits of Choosing Organic
Most mainstream products today are easily absorbed by our skin and enter our bloodstream. Yet the ingredients contained within these products are often linked to various skin conditions and even health problems. This is why more women today are making natural choices when it comes to skincare and beauty products.
Organic and natural products can just as effective as most commercial ones. In fact, some can even do a better job at enhancing your skin’s health through their regenerative and healing properties.
Also, going organic means you’re choosing products that are:
- Free of toxins
- Safe for all skin types
- No synthetic fragrances
Most people forget that our skin is an organ. It’s the largest in our body, so it’s important that we take care of it by being more mindful of what we consume and apply. And when you’re pregnant, the need to make healthier choices becomes greater. Your growing baby relies on you for everything, and it makes sense to give her the best that you can.
Personal Care Ingredients to Avoid When Pregnant
Retinoids: Common in anti-aging and acne-preventing products. They’re a type of vitamin V that prevents collagen break down and is known to cause birth defects. They can be found as:
- Differin (adapeline)
- Tazorac (Tazarotene)
- Retinyl linoleate
- Retinyl palmitate
- Retinoic acid
Salicylic acid: Common in cleaners, toners, and moisturizers. Dries out facial oil and provides mild exfoliation. They’re known to cause pregnancy complications. They can be found as:
- Salicylic acid
- Beta hydroxy acid
- Beta hydroxyl acid (BHA)
Popular Natural Ingredientsf
A good personal care routine begins with understanding the kind of ingredients your body needs and their effects. Fortunately, most of the ingredients found in organic products are great for your skin and body.
Below, you’ll find common natural ingredients that are in many of the best organic products for pregnancy:
- Aloe Vera: Acts as a natural sunscreen that also reduces visible stretch marks.
- Grapeseed extract: Natural antioxidant that prevents premature aging and damage caused within the cells.
- Cocoa butter: Great moisturizer and source of natural antioxidants.
- Green tea extract: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and lightens stretch marks.
- Fruit acids: AHA, glycolic, and milk acid are great for nourishing your skin during pregnancy.
- Blue green algae: High in protein and iron.
- Shea butter: Great skin moisturizer and stretch mark treatment.
- Jojoba beads: Removes dead cells and naturally whitens skin.
- Sweet almond oil: Provides many essential vitamins and minerals.
- Geranium and patchouli essentials: Rehydrates wrinkled skin and reduces fine lines.
Considerations When Choosing Organic Products for Pregnancy
For some people, shopping is something they do impulsively without giving the process much thought. But if you want to make the best possible purchase and not waste your money, it’s important to take several things into consideration.
Budget plays a crucial role when shopping for organic products. In general, natural alternatives are more expensive because the ingredients being sourced are harder to find or take longer to get. The process of making them may also be more complex. But what you get in return is a much healthier option that does wonders for you and your baby.
Pregnant women of different ages will have different cosmetic and nutritional needs. Of course, the older you get, the less vitamins and minerals your body can generally absorb. And when it comes to skin care, you may also need products with stronger skin-renewing or repairing properties. A product that’s hydrating and damage-preventing may also work better for you.
Many organic products are loaded with essential oils. However, that may not be what you’re looking for especially if your body tends to have an overproduction of oil. Knowing your skin type and what it needs is important in choosing something that doesn’t only aggravate whatever skin condition you have.
We’ve already covered ingredients in detail in the section above. This should give you a better idea of what to look for and what to avoid. Another reason to always check the ingredients is to check if the product may contain something you’re allergic to. Many people skip the ingredient check and buy something only to regret their purchase in the end.
The 10 Best Organic Products for Pregnancy
If you’re in pursuit of a healthier lifestyle during your pregnancy, it’s a smart decision to choose organic and natural personal care products. In fact, it should be a priority. It’s hard to know for sure what’s in the everyday products we’re using. We have no idea what their effects are on us and our growing babies.
So, if you’re looking for a natural alternative, these ten products below are a great place to start your search:
Rosehip Seed Oil by Kate Blanc. USDA Certified Organic, 100% Pure
- Guaranteed authentic, pure, natural, and hexane-free.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties to reduce stretch marks, scars, and fine lines
- Helps with dermatitis and eczema
- Natural anti-aging solution that tightens and hydrates skin
Pregnant women are likely to face skin problems, one of them being hormonal acne. One popular solution to this problem is using Rosehip Seed Oil. And this product from Kate Blanc offers you one of the best and purest oils in the market. Use the product once or twice a day and you won’t believe the change you’ll notice on your acne, and even on your stretch marks.
Molivera Organics Raw African Organic Grade A Ivory Shea Butter for Natural Skin Care, Hair Care
- 100% Pure, organic, virgin-grade
- Renews, repairs, and protects your skin from aging
- Rich in vitamins A, D, E, and F
- Contains antioxidants and essential fatty acids
Another amazing solution to your stretch marks is this Organic-grade Shea Butter from Molivera Organics. It comes highly recommended by many happy users, many of them expectant moms looking for a way to prevent stretch marks from ruining their skin. Of course, you can use this for its other healing properties. Use it on your hair, rashes, or dry skin and see it work its magic.
ALKAITIS Organic Herbal Toner
- Balances the natural pH of your skin
- Gentle and safe for all skin types
- Serves as an anti-bacterial tonic that cleanses your skin
- Repairs and strengthens your skin’s health
If you have the money to splurge on a toner that does it all, then we can’t recommend this herbal toner by Dr. Alkaitis. You won’t be able to finish this quickly though since it comes in a large 120 ml bottle. And it takes most pregnant women about 3 months to finish. It does exactly as it says, balancing our your skin and deeply cleansing it from dirt and grime build-up.
Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil
- Effective reparative oil that can be used on your body or face
- Contains 100% rosehip oil
- Rich in essential fatty acids (Omega 3 and 6)
- Hydrates and strengthens skin
If you’re looking for the best organic product for pregnancy, then you already know that rosehip oil is essential to have in your skin-care routine. Rosehip oil is popular for its healing properties that makes your skin look as fresh and glowing as ever. While it may be a bit pricier compared to other rosehip oil brands out there, you do get a high-quality product that’s worth every dollar you spend on it.
Stretch Mark Butter & Itch Soothing Butter – Best Natural & Organic Ingredients
- 75% Organic and contains 35 natural ingredients
- Treats dry, itchy skin and promotes elasticity
- Great for expecting moms who want to prevent stretch marks
- Can also reduce visibility of existing scars or stretch marks
If you have really bad scarring on your belly from previous pregnancies, or if you’d like to keep stretch marks from appearing, you’ll love this butter cream from AltheaDerm. It contains a mix of all the popular and natural healing creams and oils out there, such as cocoa butter, shea butter, palm oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, and even rosehip oil. You get a very deep nourishing treatment that’s non-greasy and absorbs quickly.
The Honest Company Prenatal DHA Vitamin, 60 Count
- Important part of prenatal care of baby’s development
- Certified 5-star rating from IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards)
- Sourced from wild and cold-water fish
- Comes in a tasty strawberry flavor
- Non-GMO sourced
The Honest Company is already a popular household name when it comes to natural and organic products. And these DHA pills offer the same quality and reliability as their other popular items. Compared to other DHA pills, you’ll probably like this better because you don’t get a strong ‘fishy’ smell. Furthermore, the oil is sourced from fish that’s not genetically mutated, so you know it’s better for you.
The Honest Company Prenatal Once Daily, 30 Count
- Non-GMO daily multi-vitamin for healthy pregnancy and fetal development
- Contains folic acid, vitamin D3, Iron, Choline, and B vitamins
- Easy to swallow and coated with naturally-derived vanilla
For pregnant women with sensitive stomachs, these prenatal vitamins can be a lifesaver. It contains all the vitamins and nutrients you need to keep yourself and your growing baby healthy. Some prenatal pills today are smaller, and they need to be taken three times a day. However, these pills are actually much larger and need to be taken only once a day. They go down easily enough though thanks to their coating.
Organic Shea Butter By Sky Organics: Unrefined, Pure, Raw Ivory Shea Butter
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Rich in vitamins and minerals that repairs your skin and skin
- Free of harmful chemicals and BPA-free
- Non-sticky, non-greasy, and doesn’t clog pores
Want a natural way to feel good? Sky Organics has just the product for you. For what you’re paying, you’re getting a two-month supply of all the organic shea butter you’ll need to control and reduce stretch marks. And we just love how this product is unrefined, meaning you get all of the natural goodness of pure African organic Shea butter. After you try it, it’s something you’ll want with you for life!
Eminence Organics Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer, 2 Ounce
- Age-corrective product that reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Keeps skin well-moisturized throughout the day
- Protects from environmental damage and free radicals
- Great for all skin types
Even if you already have that lovely ‘pregnancy glow’, who says you can’t take it up a notch with an organic moisturizer? Eminence Organics gives you one of the best age-defying solutions money can buy. While it may indeed be more expensive than other skin care products, you won’t regret how effectively it hydrate and make your skin glow. It’s also rich in all the vitamins and minerals that your skin will love.
Facial Wash, Organic and 100% Natural Face Cleanser
- Made from 100% natural ingredients
- Ideal facial wash for women with sensitive skin
- Fights blemishes and acne for smoother skin
- Cleanses without drying or causing build up in pores
If you’re suffering from acne breakout during pregnancy and need a cleanser that balances out skin’s oil, you’ll love this product from Christina Moss Naturals. As a mom-to-be, you need all the skin-care help you can get. It feels soft, light, and doesn’t leave a greasy feeling. You can use it once or twice daily with significant results showing after a week of continued use. That means cleaner and smaller pores, and an overall more youthful look.
By choosing natural and organic products, you have a better idea of what’s going on with your skin and body. No more worrying about harmful chemicals you can’t even pronounce and their effect on you and your baby. Also, using organic products is a great way of promoting their manufacturing. The more people switch to healthier options, the more you’re helping other people and the environment.