Finding what works best for your skin is a challenging task. It gets even more difficult if you are one of those women who is also expecting moms. We know how extra careful a woman becomes the moment she learns that she will soon give birth to a child. Pregnancy creates new rules she has to follow and that includes her makeup routine. What could be the perfect start for a good makeup during this period? That would be the best foundation for pregnancy.
If you have tried several beauty hacks and still find problem areas on your face, you may need to read this. For skin disorders that you may need to conceal, applying foundation could be your best solution. A good foundation can cover up a blotchy skin, dark circles, and other unwanted skin conditions on your face. It can give you a different glow that you can be comfortable with even while you have something hidden under it.
- Basic Makeup Hacks Before, During, Or After Pregnancy
- The Best Foundation For Your Skin Tone
- Eve Hansen Vitamin C Serum
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation Makeup
- BareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation SPF 20
- Natural Coverage Liquid Mineral Foundation Makeup
- E.L.F. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation
- Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum Spf15 Evens & Correct Foundation
- Better’n Ur Skin Organic Liquid Foundation
- Dermablend Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation Makeup Drops, Light to Full Coverage Foundation
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
- BaeBlu Lux Liquid Best Organic Natural Vegan Gluten-Free Aloe-Based Liquid Foundation
- A Final Reminder
Basic Makeup Hacks Before, During, Or After Pregnancy
It does not matter if pregnancy suddenly gives you oily or dry skin. Perhaps, you wake up one morning to see acne starting to be visible near your lips and on your cheeks. Now, you don’t want to that to ruin your day, do you? Even if you are in a rush, you can easily conceal these unsightly signs of pregnancy within minutes. Correct application of some foundation will do the trick.
To help you make some clever application of your favorite foundation, here are some tips you need to do next time you feel like giving your face a lift in a jiffy:
- Choose yellow over pink toned foundation: There are three main foundation tones: pink (cool), yellow (warm), and neutral (in between). You can easily correct imperfections with yellow-toned foundations that the other two. It leaves a more natural look as well. However, it is still best to use one that matches your skin tone best.
- Avoid a foundation and other cosmetics that will add shimmer if you already have an oily skin: You can set your foundation with a translucent powder to help it set on your face. It will also lessen the probability of natural oil on your face to ruin your makeup.
- Divert the focus from your problem areas and highlight parts of your face that’s worth the attention: If others can easily spot the pimples on your nose or cheek, create drama with your eyes or your lips to shift the focus.
- Blend in and even out: Ensure that you won’t get cakey portions on your face where there are skin problems. Use the right amount of foundation to blend all surfaces in and even out the application of the foundation. This also applies to other cosmetics that you will use on your face.
- Manage your skin condition right away: If you know that you are prone to having skin problems, makes sure that you manage the condition even before you plan to have a baby. If you see the signs of the skin condition only during your pregnancy, make sure to consult a dermatologist immediately.
Avoid using cosmetics that have harmful ingredients
- Beta Hydroxy acids (i.e salicylic acid, trethocanic acid, tropic acid)
- Oxybenzone (and other chemical sunscreens like homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene, etc.)
The Best Foundation For Your Skin Tone
If you are searching for the best foundation that will give your face that instant lift, check our list below. Any of these foundations have passed quality testing. They are also proven to provide you the maximum coverage that you need to bring out the beautiful you.
Eve Hansen Vitamin C Serum
Get the ultimate face-lift in a bottle of Eve Hansen Vitamin C Serum. This gentle, vegan formula is perfect for all skin types. Use it daily to even out your skin tone, shield your skin from pollutants, and rejuvenate your skin to give it that youthful glow. Eve Hansen only uses organic, all natural, and non-toxic ingredients in the products that they manufacture, so you are assured to get only beautiful-looking skin without the harsh chemicals. You can instantly see fine lines and wrinkles visibly reduced and your skin glowing radiantly with each application of this serum.
L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation Makeup
L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation flawlessly matches your skin tone and blends well with other True match cosmetics. It leaves the most natural you while diffusing imperfections and nourishing your skin. It does not contain any oils, fragrances, or pore-clogging fillers. It does have SPF 19 to provide light to medium coverage. It is blended with Vitamins A and C, wheat germ and grapefruit extract, ingredients that nourish the skin and gives it a youthful and healthy glow. This product is available in 33 True To You Shades and is suitable for all skin types.
BareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation SPF 20
BareMinerals Bareskin is a tone-correcting mineral foundation and skincare serum in one. It has been tested and proven to improve the appearance of dark spots, skin brightness and skin texture. With each application of Bareskin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation, you get the feel and look of real beauty without harmful side effects. It also comes with an SPF 20 for a light to medium coverage.
Natural Coverage Liquid Mineral Foundation Makeup
Wear a stunningly radiant skin all day long with an application of the Natural Coverage Liquid Mineral Foundation Makeup by EVXO. This will give you a second skin that is free from imperfections and radiantly beautiful, so you can feel and see the best you with each application of this foundation makeup. Its organic and natural ingredients, such as chamomile, thyme, and Vitamin E will also nourish your skin. With continued use, you will see a noticeable improvement in the texture and the look of your skin. It leaves a silky finish on the skin and has a lingering nice smell as well. It’s vegan, organic, and cruelty-free. You will definitely love it on your skin.
E.L.F. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation
With the silky smooth E.L.F. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation, you can now have a flawless complexion. It is a lightweight and oil-free formula that blends in naturally on the skin for a beautiful semi-matte finish. This liquid foundation applies easily. It can last all day long and provides a visibly brighter and radiant looking skin. It not only offers a great-looking you but leaves even skin texture and tone. It also has SPF 15 that shields the skin against the harmful rays of the sun.
Clinique Even Better Makeup Broad Spectrum Spf15 Evens & Correct Foundation
The brand speaks for itself. With this skin, you can experience your skin tone improving to up to 80% or more with each application. This dermatologist-developed formula helps correct the visible evidence of skin aging and other skin problems on all skin tones. In four to six weeks, it will dramatically clear up the skin to reveal a more youthful glow. This foundation offers 30 shades that you can choose from. Hide years of imperfection instantly with your first use of the product. After a few weeks, you will notice that your skin will get even better. Yes, it’s better than makeup.
Better’n Ur Skin Organic Liquid Foundation
This product is certified 90% Organic. It is made from all-natural ingredients, thus it provides a healthy coverage without the harsh chemicals. It is gluten-free, cruelty-free, palm-free, paraben-free, non-GMO and blended with real Vanilla. It is a non-toxic, buildable formula that dries to a powder-like finish. For a blemish-free look that makes your skin healthier with each application, try Better’n Ur Ski Organic Liquid Foundation and experience the convincing results.
Dermablend Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation Makeup Drops, Light to Full Coverage Foundation
The Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation by Dermablend is 100% sure to provide what it offers. It is water-free, oil-free, fragrance-free, allergy-tested, Paraben-free, non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, and a vegan formula. It provides the lightest coverage that is blendable, buildable and customizable to give you a light, medium, or a full coverage. A drop is enough to provide a light coverage. Four drops will suffice to provide full coverage, however. This is a vegan makeup foundation formula that is made from less than 10 ingredients. Enjoy 16 hours of true-to-tone fade-proof coverage with a dermatologist tested liquid foundation from Dermablend.
Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
For a long-wear foundation that won’t get sticky or oily, use Smashbox Studio 15-Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation. With this product, you can get the perfectly glowing skin you can wear up to 15 hours. You can use this base for that glamorous photo shoots. Its formula conceals imperfections using light diffusing beads and provides full to medium coverage. Feel and see only natural-looking, moisturized and oil-free skin with this long-wearing hydrating foundation by Smashbox Studio.
BaeBlu Lux Liquid Best Organic Natural Vegan Gluten-Free Aloe-Based Liquid Foundation
Have a perfectly beautiful skin with BaeBlue Lux Liquid. It is formulated with organic and all natural ingredients and without any artificial colors or preservatives. You can be assured that there are no harsh chemicals added to its formulation. No Parabens or any pore-clogging ingredients were added in the manufacture of this product. All you get with each purchase of BaeBlue Lux Liquid is an effective anti-aging formula that leaves a healthy, youthful, and flawless skin you can wear all day long.
A Final Reminder
Each of the foundation listed above is available in several shades. The first trick to the best- looking makeup on your face is to find the best shade of foundation (and other cosmetic combination) that matches your skin tone. The skin near your jawline is the best guide to do this.
Once you have determined your skin tone, you would need to find your undertone. This is the hint of shade underneath your skin. There are three undertones: warm, cool, and neutral. So, how do you know what your undertone is? Here are some helpful tips to identify your undertone:
- Warm: If you look your best in shades of brown dark green, and orange, your undertone is warm. You would also look best in gold jewelry. You easily get a tan, and the veins under the skin on your wrist are bluer.
- Cool: If people notice you more when you wear pastel or light colors like pink, rose, and other pastel colors, your undertone is cool. Silver will look good on you, you get burned skin quite easily, and the veins under the skin on your wrist are more green.
- Neutral: If people tend to compliment you with whatever shade that you are wearing, then your undertone is neutral. Any type of jewelry looks good on you. You also tan and burn when you are not wearing sunscreen. Finally, the veins under the skin on your wrist are blue/green.
Looking your best even when you are pregnant is achievable. It may take some time before you get used to your condition and the things that you need to change, but everything will just be fine. You don’t need to sulk or worry about any skin condition that your pregnancy will bring with it. The beauty tips and tricks that we offer through this blog is enough to provide you all that you will need to look and feel beautiful throughout your pregnancy.
If you have questions or topic suggestions, feel free to mention them in the comments below. Enjoy the journey!