If you are pregnant, you are most probably interested in doing everything that will make your life and that of your baby a lot easier. This includes trying different products that will make labor calmer and less painful. Among others, one worth trying would be the best birth ball for pregnancy, which is going to make it easier for the body to tackle the physical changes that you have to go through.
What exactly can a birthing ball do? Is it the same with an exercise ball? How can you choose the best one? What are the best picks that are available on the market? If you are interested to find out the answer to these questions, read on and learn from the insights that I will be sharing in the rest of this post.
- Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Ball
- Tips on Using an Exercise Ball During Pregnancy
- Essential Considerations When Choosing a Birthing Ball
- FAQs about Birthing Balls
- Is a Birthing Ball the Same with an Exercise Ball?
- When is the Best Time to Start using a Birthing Ball?
- What is the Right Size of Pregnancy Ball to Buy?
- How Do You Inflate a Pregnancy Ball?
- Our Top Picks for the Best Pregnancy Ball
- Mantra Sports Exercise Ball Chair
Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Ball
If you have doubts about buying an exercise ball that you will use during pregnancy, here are some of the benefits that can change your mind:
- Before Giving Birth: Exercise is a crucial part during pregnancy, and the use of a birthing ball is one of the best ways to do this. Its benefits include minimizing back pain, correcting the position of the baby in the womb, strengthening your core, improving balance, and improving breathing.
- During Labor: When you are under labor, a pregnancy ball is a tool that can offer unexpected benefits. For instance, it can help to open up the pelvis, enhance the flow of blood in the uterus, shorten labor, minimize labor pain, and improve movement gravity.
- After Giving Birth: It also offers a number of postpartum benefits. It will shorten the recovery phase, allowing you to quickly go back to your normal routine. It also provides relief from pelvic, hip, and back pain.
Tips on Using an Exercise Ball During Pregnancy
It is not enough that you choose a pregnancy ball with top-notch quality. You should be concerned about your baby’s safety as well. With this, here are some of the things that you have to keep in mind:
- Do not over-inflate the ball. Most balls will come with a tape measure, which will make it easier to make sure that you inflate it based on the size that is most suitable for your health.
- Pay attention to the proper posture when you are using the birthing ball. Otherwise, your safety will be compromised and you can suffer from body pain. When you are sitting, the back should be straight. The knees should also be higher than the ball. Hold the ball with your hand to prevent it from slipping.
- You also have to practice proper breathing when you are using the ball. You have to inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.
- During the first few times of using the pregnancy ball, it is best to have someone to supervise and assist you.
Essential Considerations When Choosing a Birthing Ball
You will most probably end up being overwhelmed because of the many options that are available. To shorten the list of the possibilities and end up with the right decision, these are some of the most important things that you have to consider:
- Size: One of the first things that you have to look at would be the diameter or the height of the ball. Often expressed in centimeters, you need to choose the size that is appropriate for your height to maximize the benefits of its use.
- Material: PVC is the most common material that is used in a birthing ball. It should be made of a material that is strong enough to support your weight. It should also have an anti-burst feature for your safety.
- Capacity: Most of the models that we will discuss in this post have a capacity of up to 2,000 pounds. The higher the capacity is, the better.
- Stability: There are some pregnancy balls that are equipped with legs or a stability ring. It will make sure that it will be in a stable position while you are exercising. Others have ridged and non-slip surfaces.
- Ease of Use: This is all about how easy it is to inflate and deflate the ball. It should come with a pump that will be almost effortless for you to use.
- Warranty: If the manufacturer is confident about the quality of their product, they will not hesitate to offer an extensive warranty coverage. In fact, there are even some that offer a lifetime warranty.
FAQs about Birthing Balls
Before we proceed with some of the best models on the market, here are some of the questions that most people have and the answers.
Is a Birthing Ball the Same with an Exercise Ball?
Yes, they are the same! The balls that you can see in the gym are the same that can be used during pregnancy. However, you have to keep in mind the safety features, such as anti-slip and anti-burst, which will keep you sound during your exercise.
When is the Best Time to Start using a Birthing Ball?
Even from the onset of pregnancy, you can also start using a birthing ball to keep the body in its best condition until you give birth.
What is the Right Size of Pregnancy Ball to Buy?
Your height is the most important factor that will determine the right size of the exercise ball to buy. If you are about 5’4”, a 55-centimeter ball will be more than enough. For those who are between 5’4” and 5’10”, a 65-centimeter ball would suffice. Meanwhile, if you are taller than 5’10”, pick a 75-centimeter ball.
How Do You Inflate a Pregnancy Ball?
Some models will come with a pump, which can be operated by hand or foot. Use a tape measure to make sure that the ball is of the right size before you use it.
Our Top Picks for the Best Pregnancy Ball
If you are finding it hard to decide which one is best to buy, these are ten of the products that should make it on your list:
Baby Bump Birth Ball with Base Legs
Dubbed as the new rocking chair, this is one of the top options that you have to consider. This is different from most of the options on the market because of the six legs that are present, which will make it stable. The legs are strong enough to support your weight.
The materials that are used in this product also make it exceptional. It is 100% recyclable. To add, it is also 100% free of phthalate, latex, and BPA. You can be confident that there are no toxic chemicals that can put your pregnancy at risk.
It is hard to question the durability of the materials that are used in this product. It is not easily prone to wear and tear, making it useful even beyond the nine months of your pregnancy. As long as you follow the care and maintenance instructions from the manufacturer, you can expect that it will last for a long time.
The Birth Ball Birthing Ball for Pregnancy
Safety is the priority of the manufacturer when they designed and manufactured this pregnancy ball. One of the things that can provide you with peace of mind is how it comes with 1100-gram PVC, which is also slip-resistant. This is an important feature since the ball does not come with legs or stability ring.
It is also worth noting that it is three times thicker compared to leading competitors, which will prevent it from bursting.
If you are clueless about the exercises that you can do with the use of this ball, there is also no need for you to worry. This is because the kit is inclusive of an 18-page guide to provide you with easy-to-follow instructions on the best exercises to try with the use of this exercise ball.
As a bonus, your purchase also comes with a hospital go bag.
Black Mountain Products Static Strength Exercise Ball
This ball comes with a maximum weight capacity of 2,000 pounds. It is made of a professional-grade material to provide you with the confidence that it will not easily burst.
For your convenience, there are five sizes that are available. Your height will be the deciding factor in choosing the perfect size. For those who are below 5’, choose the ball with a diameter of 45 centimeters. The 55cm ball is recommended for those who are 5’ to 5’6’”, 65cm for 5’6” to 6’, 75cm for 6’ to 6’5”, and 85cm for 6’5” and above.
The best thing about this ball is perhaps the fact that it has a lifetime warranty, which demonstrates the belief of the manufacturer in the superior quality of this model.
Mantra Sports Exercise Ball Chair
Worried that your pregnancy ball will end up rolling on the floor? This model has the answer. This is another model that comes with a stability ring to hold the ball in its place during its use. It is made with the use of heavy-duty PVC, which is also phthalate-free.
To allow you to do more exercises with the use of a single tool, and even without the need for an expensive gym membership, this product comes with a resistance band. The band comes with triple-stitched handles with cushion.
There is also a foot pump that is included in the kit. This will be quicker to inflate compared to those with a hand-pump.
Lastly, it also comes with a tape measure. This means that there is no need for guesswork! You can be sure that the ball is inflated in the exact diameter that is required.
Trideer Exercise Ball
While it does not come with legs, one thing that you will love about this product is how it comes with an inflatable ring, which will keep it stable. This is unlike other balls that can easily slip on the floor.
In terms of construction, there is no need to have second thoughts about this pregnancy ball. Trideer Exercise made using a durable material with an anti-burst feature. It has the ability to support up to 2,000 pounds. It is also good to know that the material used in this product is hypoallergenic.
The ball is available in two sizes, which will allow you to choose which one is suitable based on your height. The 65cm ball is best for those who are 5’3” to 5’10” while the 75cm ball is for those who are 5’11” to 6’4”.
DynaPro Exercise Ball
Your convenience is the priority in this exercise ball. You do not need to exert too much effort in having it inflated, making sure that it will be ready in no time. There is a hand-pump that is included to inflate the ball only in a few minutes.
With a maximum weight capacity of 2,000 pounds, this is perfect throughout the stages of your pregnancy. Even if you are heavy, your safety is not going to be compromised as this ball comes with an anti-burst feature. When the maximum capacity is reached, rather than bursting all of a sudden, it will deflate slowly.
The body is non-slip to stay in contact with the skin. This also won’t easily roll, but this will depend on the material of the floor where the ball is positioned.
For versatility, this ball is available in four sizes. You can choose which one is appropriate based on your height.
URBNFit Exercise Ball
This is another pregnancy exercise ball that is available in multiple sizes, so there is something for everyone. You can choose from 45, 55, 65, 75, and 85 centimeters. There are also different colors that are available.
The manufacturer guarantees that this is made with the use of the best materials that are available. If you are unhappy in any way, you can have it returned and the manufacturer will issue an unconditional refund. This means that you can purchase without any risk!
Upon purchase of this product, you will also receive a dual action inflation pump. Pumping the ball does not require a lot of effort on your end. It is made of PVC and the stated weight capacity is a maximum of 2,000 pounds. There are also two air stoppers, as well as a workout guide.
UR Superior Fitness Exercise Ball
This is another fitness ball that comes with a stability ring. The ring at the bottom makes sure that the ball will stay in the place regardless of the exercise that you will do.
It also comes with cushioned handles, making it versatile and comfortable. You will have an endless selection of routines to try while making sure of your highest level of comfort. The resistance bands will let you do more with this ball.
When you purchase this exercise ball, you will also get a copy of a poster that includes 100 isolation exercises. With the graphics, you can easily choose which exercise is best for you, depending on the intensity that you prefer or your flexibility.
The PVC that is used in this exercise ball is impressive. It will not burst and has a rated weight capacity of up to 600 pounds.
Smarter Life Exercise Ball
This is an all-in-one home gym equipment. Among others, the maximum anti-burst rating of this product is perhaps one of its best features. It can support a weight of up to 2,000 pounds. It is not going to pop like a balloon. When punctured, it will deflate slowly.
The ball may not have a ring or legs, but it should be noted that it comes with an anti-slip matte surface. There are tactile lines that will help to keep it in its position instead of rolling while pressure from your body weight is applied.
Aside from the exercise ball, the kit is already inclusive of a hand pump, measuring tape, two ball plugs, ball plug remover, exercise guide, and an e-book that tackles the secrets to your ideal body, which will be sent via email.
Live Infinitely Exercise Ball
This exercise ball is available in five sizes – 55, 65, 75, 85, and 95 centimeters. Similar to the other products that have been mentioned above, it also comes with an anti-burst feature. Nonetheless, it has a higher capacity than most of those reviewed earlier as it can support up to 2,200 pounds.
There are defined ridges that you can easily feel when you touch the ball. The textured surface is the reason why it won’t slip on the floor while weight is applied to the ball.
The included hand pump is pretty much easy to use. After pumping, be sure to position the plugs properly so that air will stay in the ball. When it is time to deflate the ball, there is also a plug removal tool that is included.
With the use of the best birth ball for pregnancy, you can enjoy an abundance of benefits, including improved physical health and easier labor. Nonetheless, take note that not all options are created the same. To avoid frustrations, keep an eye on the ten products that have been briefly reviewed above. We assure you, they will be exceptional!