Are you looking for the perfect BB cream for pregnancy to perfect that mom-to-be glow? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re sharing with you everything you need to know about choosing the right beauty product that’s safe and gives you a more radiant look.
- Why Buy a BB Cream for Pregnancy?
- Ingredients to Avoid
- Considerations When Choosing a BB Cream
- The 12 Best BB Creams for Pregnant Women
- Organic BB Cream – All In One Tinted Moisturizer, Foundation and Natural Sunscreen by LaMav
- Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer, Light/Medium
- Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow Beauty Balm
- Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream medium up to 24-hour hydration
- Best Organic 100% Natural Non-GMO Vegan BB Cream and Concealer for Face
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin BB Beauty Balm Cream
- Inika Certified Organic BB Cream
- Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15
- Andalou Naturals Perfecting BB Beauty Balm
- 100% Pure All Natural Organic Glowing Flawless Complexion BB Cream
- COOLA Rosilliance SPF 30 BB+ Cream Golden
- Innisfree Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream
Why Buy a BB Cream for Pregnancy?
Your hormones can really wreak havoc on your skin during your child-carrying months. And this gets worse around the third trimester. You’re likely to get some cystic acne and breakouts that just appear out of nowhere, and they can be on your face, back, or even your chest. Yikes!
This is why BB cream is so important. You want to achieve an even facial skin tone and hide away all those pesky blemishes and acne. But because your hormones are a little out of balance while pregnant, some BB creams may do your skin more harm than good.
Fortunately, there are creams that give you a full and even coverage while taking care of your skin. You need a BB cream for pregnancy that can moisturize and let your skin breathe.
Ingredients to Avoid
Two common skin care ingredients you should do your best to avoid during pregnancy are retinoids and salicylic acid. Both are labelled category C ingredients by the FDA, and research shows they’re linked to birth defects.
You can avoid retinoids by steering clear of these ingredients and products:
- Differin (adapalene)
- Avage (tazarotene)
- Renova (tretinoin)
- Retinoic acid
- Retinyl linoleate
- Retinyl palmitate
To avoid salicylic acid, don’t use products that have beta hydroxy acid, or BHA, as one of the ingredients.
Also, be aware that fragrances are notorious for causing skin irritations. So, if you want to play it safe, always choose a BB cream for pregnancy that isn’t artificially scented.
Considerations When Choosing a BB Cream
It can be tricky finding a BB cream for pregnancy that matches your skin type because not all of them will be compatible. Different skin types naturally have different needs. If your skin is often dry, look for moisturizing products that either have ceramides or humectants in its ingredients. For acne-prone skin, choose a brand with oil-control properties and antioxidants to help control breakouts.
Always go for a BB cream that’s closest to your complexion to give you that natural look. While they all provide a good amount of coverage and skin tone correction, choosing the wrong shade will only make you look awkward. Take note what Western brands provide more options for darker tones while South Korean brands will usually have lighter ones.
Because BB creams are a combination of many products in one, they can also be used as light sunscreen. Be sure to choose a BB cream that provides you with the right SPF you need, whether it’s SPF 15 or SPF 30.
You won’t hear a lot of people tell you this, but it’s a good idea to shop for BB creams based also on your age. People of different ages have different skin care needs, let’s face it. For younger age groups (20s to 30s), creams with thinner consistencies may work well. For those in their 40s, you need a BB cream that gives you full coverage to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Everyone has a different budget for buying skin care products, and the same can be said for BB creams. There are just so many options to choose from, and from different price points. When choosing a BB cream for pregnancy, we suggest sticking to your budget and just checking what’s available that you can afford. In the end, what’s important is that it helps your skin look better while providing it the nourishment it needs throughout your pregnancy.
The 12 Best BB Creams for Pregnant Women
Organic BB Cream – All In One Tinted Moisturizer, Foundation and Natural Sunscreen by LaMav
- With anti-aging effect and great for all skin types
- 100% vegan, natural, certified organic and toxin-free
- With Vitamin C and Rosehip Oil
- Contains sunscreen
- Includes 30-day money back guarantee
If you have sensitive skin that easily gets acne or black spots from normal BB creams, this is the perfect choice for you. It hydrates your skin deeply and leaves it feeling soft and supple. Also, this product from LaMav is available in a shade that suits many skin complexions well, making your skin glow while hiding away any blemishes and dark spots.
Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer, Light/Medium
- Made with antioxidant Apricot, Pro-Xylane, and broad spectrum SPF 15
- 5-in-1 anti-aging tinted moisturizer
- Improves your complexion and wrinkles in four weeks
The Garnier SkinActive BB Cream is a product that goes on clean and stays on clean for the entire day. You’ll notice how smooth it makes your skin feel, making you feel more confident in how you look as you take on the day. Many women, especially pregnant ones or those in their mid-40’s and older, will absolutely love the anti-aging properties of this product. It’s a must-have in your make-up kit!
Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow Beauty Balm
- Self-adjusting shade adapts to fair to medium skin tones
- Filled with anti-oxidants like aloe and chamomile to hydrate skin
- Protects from aging and soothes stressed skin
- Hypo-allergenic, oil-free, paraben-free and fragrance-free
This product from Marcelle really does it all. Its lightweight application and neutral glow makes your skin feel and look better all throughout your pregnancy. Also, it’s made from ingredients that won’t irritate sensitive skin, so you can enjoy worry-free use every day. When compared to many other BB creams today, you’ll have a hard time finding anything better.
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream medium up to 24-hour hydration
- Provides up to 24-hour long hydration for dry skin
- Contains both HA and SPF 15
- Great for combating oily skin
- Contains antibacterial, antiseptic, and astringent properties
If you’re having acne problems from pregnancy-induced hormones, what you need is a BB cream that can cleanse your face deeply and leave it feeling fresh. The good news is that Garnier is just the product for that. It offers long-lasting protection from UV rays and keeps your face soft with its 24-hour hydrating effect. Have a skin that’s beautifully dewy is so flattering when you’re pregnant, after all.
Best Organic 100% Natural Non-GMO Vegan BB Cream and Concealer for Face
- Made from organic and all-natural ingredients
- 100% Vegan, gluten-free, and cruelty-free production
- Non-greasy and provides smooth coverage
- Has anti-aging properties for younger-looking skin
Many pregnant women who have tried this BB cream and concealer from Best Organic just can’t get enough of its wonderful effects. If you’ve had trouble with skin care products irritating your skin before, you won’t have that with this cream. It’s free of the bad stuff, and it’s certified organic! Perfect for moms who want to look good while making healthier and more ecologically-sound choices.
Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin BB Beauty Balm Cream
- Contains a unique blend of anti-oxidants rich in coconut water and herb extracts
- Hypoallergenic, gluten-free, and dermatologist approved
- Hydrates and nourishes your skin all day long
- 100% natural, 70% organic
Pregnancy can be really tough on your face. You get more frequent break-outs, the acnes magically appear when you least expect them, and you find yourself looking more stressed than usual. If you’re one of those few moms who aren’t experiencing any of the stages of ‘pregnancy glow’, you can easily correct that with this amazing BB cream for pregnancy from Physician’s Formula.
Inika Certified Organic BB Cream
- 3-in-1 product: primer, moisturizer, and foundation.
- Contains essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Certified organic, vegan, and halal
- No harsh chemicals and production is cruelty-free
This lovely BB Cream from Inika is also a favorite among expectant moms because of its smooth finish and all-natural ingredients. And because you don’t get any of the skin-irritating stuff often found in other cosmetic products, you’ll have a much easier time dealing with your pregnancy. Take note that using this with other products, however, may not really reap the results you’re looking for because of its unique formulation.
Burt’s Bees BB Cream with SPF 15
- Serves as a lightweight foundation and hydrating lotion
- Contains anti-wrinkling properties for more youthful skin
- SPF 15 protects your skin from harmful UV rays
- Made from 98.9% natural ingredients
Several things make this BB cream an essential to your make-up kit. It moisturizes, smooths out uneven skin, firms up any lose skin, conceals blemishes, and illuminates your face. And it comes in three natural-looking shades so you look naturally beautiful and glowing throughout all your pregnancy stages. Its anti-oxidant rich Noni extract also perks up your face, making it look soft and supple.
Andalou Naturals Perfecting BB Beauty Balm
- Organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan ingredients
- Cruelty-free production and nature-derived
- Anti-aging effect from natural ingredients
- Can be used alone or under your daily make-up
The natural citrusy cent of this BB cream from Andalou makes it so pleasant to wear all day. Although it’s a little pricier than other skin care products of the same kind, it’s justified with the plethora of great ingredients you’re getting. This makes it a great BB cream for pregnancy, letting you enjoy skin that’s younger-looking and healthier with no more irritations and controlled acne.
100% Pure All Natural Organic Glowing Flawless Complexion BB Cream
- Enjoy glowing and livelier-looking skin
- Fragrance-free and naturally scented, great for sensitive skin
- Infused with aloe, shea, and Vitamin E for smoother and healthier skin
At first, this product may seem a little too sticky for your taste. This is especially true if you’re using your fingers to apply it. One hack that’s worked for many women, however, is using a beauty brush to evenly distribute the cream. We suggest giving this BB cream for pregnancy a chance and enjoying it for a few days. It’s a guarantee that you’ll love it once you get used to it!
COOLA Rosilliance SPF 30 BB+ Cream Golden
- Mineral broad-spectrum SPF 30
- Tinted moisturizer and primer for more radiant and young-looking skin
- Advanced formulation smooths and moisturizes without leaving a sticky feel
While the dispenser this product comes in has received several criticism, there’s no denying that the cream itself is a wonder. It also serves as a beautiful foundation that evens out your skin, hiding away whatever scars, acne, or black heads you may have. Also, it blends nicely with just your fingers and achieves a nice finish. If you’re constantly out in the sun or if you’re using it in summer, you’ll be pleased by to know that it works as a fantastic sunblock too.
Innisfree Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream
- Contains both Vitamin E and Vitamin C
- SPF 29 for better protection under the sun
- Moisturizes and helps make skin more elastic
- Gives you a glowing look
If you’re looking for a sheer and light glow, this Natural Green Tea BB Cream from Innisfree is worth a shot. It isn’t as sticky as most creams women are used to, but this also means that it takes more time to settle on your skin. A good idea is to leave it on your face for at least 10 minutes before adding any extra layer of make-up. Other than that, it works like a dream and a great BB cream for pregnancy.
Keep in mind that you do need to be picky when choosing BB creams, or other skin care products for that matter. Breakouts, rashes, and black spots aren’t pleasant to deal with. And it really takes a toll on your confidence when you have these things covering your face.
So, really get to know a specific brand of BB cream for pregnancy before you decide to buy it. Find out what’s in it and if it’s the right shade for you. Once you have that figured out, you can then enjoy using it knowing you’re look and feel better throughout your pregnancy!